If you thought Australia was all about surfing, kangaroos, beaches and the Great Barrier Reef, well then think again! Australia is a great country and it definitely knows how to party and throw a grand celebration. Every year countless events and festivals take place, giving a busy calendar to locals as well as the visitors.
Multiple events such as Tropfest, the AFL Grand Final and the Perth International Arts Festival take place and are worth a visit. So if you are planning to visit the country, apply for your online Australia visa around these events. Here are top five festivals that should not be missed:
1. TROPFEST- Founded in 1993, Tropfest is the largest festival of short film festival in the world. The festival attracts more than 70,000 spectators with thousands more watching live broadcasts. The festival takes place in Sydney at Parramatta Park and includes the screening of 16 finalists. The event also includes red carpet arrival and an award ceremony along with celebrity judges.
2. MELBOURNE FOOD & WINE FESTIVAL- This delicious festival which is 10 days long takes place in the month of March every year. The gourmet event witnesses Victoria`s world class wine and food industry as well as 300 events where foodies can sample dishes prepared by the celebrity chefs, indulge in regional long lunches, attend masterclasses and binge on multiple cuisines.
3. PERTH INTERNATIONAL ARTS FESTIVAL- One of country`s longest running international arts festival, the even made its way in the year 1953. The festival lures around more than 500,000 people annually. The festival runs from February to March, encompassing street arts, visual arts, classical and contemporary music, theatre, and dance and family events across a variety of venues. You can apply for your online Australia visa in February if you are an art lover to attend this festival.
4. DARWIN FESTIVAL- Emerging from the aftermath of the Cyclone Tracy in 1974, the Darwin Festival was started in 1979 to celebrate its resurgence. The festival continues for 18 days and nights in the month of August and features dance, music, theatrical performances, cabaret, comedy, workshops, visual arts and films.
5. WOODFORD FOLK FESTIVAL- The most celebrated folk music festival of Australia is the Woodford Folk Festival which draws more than 2000 national, local and international performances each year. The festival takes place for six days across the New Year`s, with a fire event on New Year`s Day. The event represents the diverse culture of Australia and therefore features more than 420 events that include writers, street theatre, sabbaticals, concerts, debates, medicines, crafts workshops and parades.
Experience the real Aussie culture by attending one of the above mentioned events. You can plan out your entire trip according to the festival you would like to attend. To apply for online Australia visa, visit our website australiae-visa.com.